Health and Lifestyle - Drink a Lemon a Day ...
Want to improve your health and lifestyle? Drinking Lemon water is a great way to begin your day and create that healthy lifestyle you are looking to achieve!
Every morning we start out our day with a half of a liter glass of lemon water. It helps to balance the pH, keeps your skin clear and glowing, gets your digestive system moving, helps with weight loss, and may assist you in kicking your morning coffee habit. Lemon is also a natural energizer as it hydrates and oxygenates the body so it feels revitalized and refreshed. Sounds like a winner to me!
I juice 1 whole lemon per glass and top it off with alkalized/ionized water. If possible drink your lemon water with a straw as the acid can “etch” your teeth.
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
1. Lemon water is great for digestion. The atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. Lemon helps relieve many digestion problems when mixed with water; these include nausea, heartburn and parasites. Due to the digestive qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and burping are relieved. By drinking lemon juice regularly, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and as a cleansing agent. Some folks even swear that it helps to relieve hiccups :-)
2. Lemon water helps purify and stimulate the liver. Lemon water liquefies bile while inhibiting excess bile flow.
3. Lemon water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily.
4. Lemon water can help lower blood pressure. It works wonders for people having heart problems because of its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.
5. Assist in curing Respiratory Disorders. Lemon water helps to cure respiratory problems, along with breathing problems and helps reduce phlegm in the body. Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to throat infections, sore throat and tonsillitis as it has an antibacterial property. For sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with one-half water and gargle frequently.
6. Terrific Aid in Weight Loss. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. If a person drinks lemon juice mixed with water and honey, it can reduce the body weight as well. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. My experience is that if I start the day off right, it's easier for me to make the good choices for myself the rest of the day.
7. Lemons are high in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness can often be traced to low potassium blood levels. That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart. So your heart health is improved from the lemon water's potassium.
8. Lemon water helps to dilute uric acid, which if it accumulates it creates arthritic pain or gout.
9. Wonderful for Skin Care. Lemon, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin. Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. A daily dose of lemon water can make a big difference in the appearance of your skin. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can help remove wrinkles and blackheads. Lemon water if applied on the areas of burns can fade the scars. As lemon is a cooling agent, it also reduces the burning sensation on the skin.
10. Reduces Fever. Lemon water can treat a person who is suffering from cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fever by increasing perspiration.
Fun Tip #1: Lemon water is an excellent source of anti-oxidants and vitamin C, which prevents formation of free radicals. These free radicals can cause death of the cells and rob electrons.
Fun Tip #2: It’s an excellent remedy for a hangover!
Fun Tip #3: Lemon water is as calorie-free as water, but it taste better, acts as a blood sugar stabilizer, boosts metabolism, helps with digestion, contains calcium, and can clean your skin.
Fun Tip #4: Drink your warm lemon water in coffee cups that has coffee or tea stains. The lemon water will help remove them.
Fun Tip #5: Grind the used lemon rinds in your garbage disposal to help deodorize it.
So, have I convinced you to give lemon and water a try? Here's to your new health and lifestyle ... CHEERS!
Be sure to stop by http://GesundheitsVerein.at for the latest information on health in Austria!